Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sucky



I really do, truly suck at updating this thing and actually stick to what I say I am going to. If you are someone who happen to come across this I swear i'm not this gloom and doom. =] So I would life to dicuss something that has come into view for me.


Growing up my mom worked as a teller at a bank so every day she would get up do her make-up(were talking eyes, lashs, foundation, lips, the whole thing. She was just what I was use it, when we went on vacation we always had the little case that was titled "Mom's Face" and my brother and I's jobs as little kids was always to make sure we didn't forget "Mom's Face" and that was just normal too me growing up. As i got older my mom very early on let me explore with make-up and once I was in junior high she had me take lessons on how to apply make-up and such. To this day, if you ever see me out and I dont have my make-up on...somethings wrong. And to me, that is just normal! I'm almost 20 now and I have some friends that never wear make-up they just dont, they dont see the need for it and I noticed something else. Their mom's dont wear make-up! They never really have, besides special times.



Without my make-up on I really naked, I dont want people to look at me I'm not confident at all and just don't want to be seen at all! But my moms pretty much the same way. If we go grocery shopping she will start worrying if she looks ok and what people will see when they look at her. I of course things my mom looks fine without make-up and she thinks I look fine without it, but neither one of us is comfortable without are "faces" I hate it that my mom has such a low self esteem but I have reliezed that it has pasted onto me! My mom tells me all the time I need to be more confident and such, but if she isn't how can she expect me too?



The moral of this story is:



moms, how can you expect your daughters to have self esteem if you yourself doesnt?

No comments:

Post a Comment